Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

2024 Calligraphy vs Limited, which to buy?

c23j

Reactions
What I Drive
2007 Chrysler
I am torn between these two trims...I read there are some "slight" differences such as the Callig. has park assist, 2nd row head cushions are similar to airplane seating, cross traffic reverse safety, nappa and maybe 1-2 other things I cannot recall. Which would you buy and why?

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limitee
I own a 2020 Palisade Limited and just today test drove a 2024 calligraphy and limited. Ended up buying the calligraphy. Main differences are the following on the calligraphy: remote parking assist (which was demonstrated to us and is really convenient), 360 camera on the calligraphy has additional angles, the rear view mirror can also display the backup cam view (which I like when backing compared to having to look at the dash for the video display), the Sideview mirrors tilt down and out/inwards when the car is put in reverse, interior liner is much nicer, much nicer interior trim, roof crossbars are included, heated 2nd row seats, different grill (more intricate), different rims (look more like spokes vs the honeycomb on the limited), wireless link for Apple carplay or.android auto), and I believe additional USB ports in the rear seats. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Calligraphy is definitely a bit nicer with more tech features.

Bat_SUB

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 HYUNDAI PALISADE
I purchased the Limited last September. I knew I was giving up the rear view mirror camera but I decided that I only needed that when I was towing something. The seats were nice but I couldn't justify the cost difference.
WRONG... there are a number of small upgrades that are very useful. The first upgrade I did on the Ltd was to swap out the wheels to the Cali style. That was $1200 even on eBay. I found most of the worthwhile differences in the Palisade catalog Hyundai hands out. They had a good chart spelling out the differences.

Sigh...Should'da spent the extra money. Having said that, 4,000 miles later in different driving conditions I have no regrets about going from Toyota to Hyundai. Gave up some possible reliability for some savings on the purchase price and better feature & warranty packages.

Can't really go wrong with the Palisade.

Good luck...

OP
C

c23j

Reactions
What I Drive
2007 Chrysler
Thread Starter #4
I own a 2020 Palisade Limited and just today test drove a 2024 calligraphy and limited. Ended up buying the calligraphy. Main differences are the following on the calligraphy: remote parking assist (which was demonstrated to us and is really convenient), 360 camera on the calligraphy has additional angles, the rear view mirror can also display the backup cam view (which I like when backing compared to having to look at the dash for the video display), the Sideview mirrors tilt down and out/inwards when the car is put in reverse, interior liner is much nicer, much nicer interior trim, roof crossbars are included, heated 2nd row seats, different grill (more intricate), different rims (look more like spokes vs the honeycomb on the limited), wireless link for Apple carplay or.android auto), and I believe additional USB ports in the rear seats. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Calligraphy is definitely a bit nicer with more tech features.
Thanks for your reply...insightful info., but found a few errors in your info., e.g. both have wired car play/apple, I don't think the side view mirrors tilt down on either, both have heated rear and 3rd row seats, both jave same usb ports...I agree Callig. is nicer...I just need to justify the cost. What's a good OTD price on an FWD, I have been offered on paper $53.5K.

Here's what I really want to know...anybody may answer: The monroney sticker say's $52,100 (manufacturer's suggested retail price not incl. additional items nor destination) can we assume the DEALER paid less than that amount for the vehicle? And, if so, are we now getting into real invoice amount they paid for client negotioation.

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Palisade Limitee
Thanks for your reply...insightful info., but found a few errors in your info., e.g. both have wired car play/apple, I don't think the side view mirrors tilt down on either, both have heated rear and 3rd row seats, both jave same usb ports...I agree Callig. is nicer...I just need to justify the cost. What's a good OTD price on an FWD, I have been offered on paper $53.5K.

Here's what I really want to know...anybody may answer: The monroney sticker say's $52,100 (manufacturer's suggested retail price not incl. additional items nor destination) can we assume the DEALER paid less than that amount for the vehicle? And, if so, are we now getting into real invoice amount they paid for client negotioation.
You are correct that the apple car play and android auto is wired; the side view mirrors on the calligraphy do tilt down and outwards/inwards (just the glass) - I own the car; 3rd row seats are not heated.

MDinPA

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Palisade Calligraphy

Yes the dealer pays less than than the sticker. Hopefully, you don’t work for free, dealerships have bills to pay also. I’m sure a box of cereal doesn’t cost $5 to make.

PalyGoBOOM

Reactions
What I Drive
2024 Caligraphy
That's like asking should I get my leg amputated? or my arm....

Hyundai Palisade Posts