Welcome to the #1 Hyundai Palisade Forum and Hyundai Palisade community dedicated to Hyundai Palisade owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Hyundai Palisade Forum today!

2023 Palisade Wrong Way alert

Ski777

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Hyundai palisade
I have a 2023 palisade in southeast Michigan AKA the land of construction. When I am routed to drive against traffic in a construction zone the Wrong Way alert comes and will not stop which is super fun when driving 20 minutes through construction. Even when I am back on regular roads again, the alert persists. I can only get it to clear by turning off the car for 10 minutes. This happened once in a Tim Horton drive thru as well which was odd. I absolutely love this car, with exception to this issue. Anyone else experience this? Any way to disable this?

LB1258

Reactions
What I Drive
Nissan Quest
Just picked up a new calligraphy on Saturday from Greenwood, IN. Used the Nav system all the way back home in Texas. Not a single glitch, even though a few construction zones were encountered. Love that HDA2

Last edited:

amcnely

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade limited
I have a 2023 palisade in southeast Michigan AKA the land of construction. When I am routed to drive against traffic in a construction zone the Wrong Way alert comes and will not stop which is super fun when driving 20 minutes through construction. Even when I am back on regular roads again, the alert persists. I can only get it to clear by turning off the car for 10 minutes. This happened once in a Tim Horton drive thru as well which was odd. I absolutely love this car, with exception to this issue. Anyone else experience this? Any way to disable this?
I just had this issue and found your post while trying to figure out. I went and loaded the navigation and it seemed to have cleared the issue.

OP
S

Ski777

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Hyundai palisade
Thread Starter #4
I just had this issue and found your post while trying to figure out. I went and loaded the navigation and it seemed to have cleared the issue.
hi! This just happened to me again today, after returning from the dealership where they couldn’t duplicate the issue and had never heard of it. When you say you loaded the navigation, are you referring to updating the navigation?

chris4455

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade
I had this happen to me tonight at a Halloween drive though at a theme park and I had no idea how to turn the warning off but I set my navigation to home and then canceled the navigation and that seemed to stop it.

MarineOne

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade Limited
I've had this happen a few times on my 23 Palisade. I am not using the Nav system at the time that it occurs, just driving down a divided road in town. It seems to be triggered in the same location on the road where there is a break in the median, to turn left, but I stay straight. I am in the left lane when it happens. In the previous instances, I was able to pull into a parking lot, turn the car off and it cleared the warning. Today (5 Dec 22), it came on and I couldn't clear it by turning the car off. I drove on I-95 for about 40 miles with the annoying warning beeping each time that I changed lanes. When I got to my interim destination, I started the Nav system to get to my next destination and that cleared the warning. On the way home, I stopped by the Hyundai dealer and spoke with a tech. He was baffled and couldn't figure it out. He suggested updating the Nav software, which I will begin here shortly. I told him that my thoughts are that there must be a sensor that isn't calibrated, which is telling the Nav system that the car is going the wrong way. The tech agreed that it's a possibility. He said if updating the software doesn't work, to bring it in and they would check the sensors. We shall see. :unsure:

Yasnen

Reactions
What I Drive
Hyundai palisade calligraphy 2023
I've had this happen a few times on my 23 Palisade. I am not using the Nav system at the time that it occurs, just driving down a divided road in town. It seems to be triggered in the same location on the road where there is a break in the median, to turn left, but I stay straight. I am in the left lane when it happens. In the previous instances, I was able to pull into a parking lot, turn the car off and it cleared the warning. Today (5 Dec 22), it came on and I couldn't clear it by turning the car off. I drove on I-95 for about 40 miles with the annoying warning beeping each time that I changed lanes. When I got to my interim destination, I started the Nav system to get to my next destination and that cleared the warning. On the way home, I stopped by the Hyundai dealer and spoke with a tech. He was baffled and couldn't figure it out. He suggested updating the Nav software, which I will begin here shortly. I told him that my thoughts are that there must be a sensor that isn't calibrated, which is telling the Nav system that the car is going the wrong way. The tech agreed that it's a possibility. He said if updating the software doesn't work, to bring it in and they would check the sensors. We shall see. :unsure:
Hi! Just wondering if you solved the issue? Just had this happen in mine for the 3rd time, not using the nav and unable to stop to turn off the car. With a crying baby in the backseat and the constant beeping I’m home now with a massive headache trying to figure out how to fix this.

MarineOne

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade Limited
Hi! Just wondering if you solved the issue? Just had this happen in mine for the 3rd time, not using the nav and unable to stop to turn off the car. With a crying baby in the backseat and the constant beeping I’m home now with a massive headache trying to figure out how to fix this.
Thanks for reaching out, as I forgot all about this. :ROFLMAO: I updated the software to the navigation system and since that time, I have not had the issue anymore. I guess the software update corrected the problem. :unsure:

palisadeh

Reactions
What I Drive
2023 Palisade
I just drove 100 miles on the I5 South from Seattle WA to Portland OR "The Wrong Way". This is a BS warning, and is really strange because the car KNOWS where it's going, and yet it insists that I turn around when possible. This is the third time it happens, and in the previous two times, I actually DID turn around, but apparently I was still going "The Wrong Way"...

Reactions
What I Drive
2020 Hyundai Palisade Ultimate
I’ve had the wrong way…alert show on the dash display and chimed once and cancelled itself after leaving the oneway street, but not from the location that I entered from parking lot is it oneway, just the street to my right from lot is it oneway…so a good system for the driver that turns accidentally onto a oneway street in the wrong direction. But never has it ever not cancelled itself…so I’m glad it works for me and not so glad it doesn’t work perfectly for you guys that posted. (2020 Palisade Ultimate Calligraphy)w/updated 2021 software.

Hyundai Palisade Posts